Thursday 7 April 2011

What this Blog is About



Alphabet 12My initial concept for this blog was to use this space to celebrate the joys of my mother tongue and to share interesting ideas about language and language teaching that I came across in interviews, newspaper/journal articles, websites and blogs.

Today, the fabulous AMES students who come to my Thursday ILC sessions have inspired me to expand this concept to include a space for people to ask language- and culture- related questions. All English language learners are welcome to participate. I plan to set up a section of this blog where you can post your questions (which I will answer to the best of my ability) and comment on other people's questions.

You could ask about:

Grammatical issues
Australian culture & society
Everyday conversation
Aussie slang
Applying for jobs/preparing for interviews
Word order (syntax)
and anything else to do with language.

Stay tuned to this blog for more information . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment